I've been a big fan of Maggie Mason and all of her mighty endeavors for years. But like any tentative fangirl, I have admired mostly from afar, other than speaking with her briefly at the Anthology launch in 2010. Well, no more!
I've been wanting to start my Mighty Life List for ages, but got sidelined by my roller derby habit + an ever-increasing day job schedule. I'm hoping that by putting my intentions out there, I will be more committed to getting them done and crossing them off the list. I was very successful at my 101 in 1001 project, so I'm enthusiastic to go even bigger in scope and focus this time. I'm also interested to see if this can get me reengaged in blogging and help me clarify what the direction of this space.
So without further delay, I'm going to get started.
Emblemist Mighty Life List
1. Create a dahlia garden
2. Meditate every day for a year
3. Complete a Digital Marketing course
4. Dye my hair an outrageous color
5. Hold a Wii Fit Olympics
6. Take an awesome and goofy group Christmas photo
7. Pin-up lingerie photo shoot
8. Travel to Machu Picchu
9. Do a CrossFit Muscle-Up
10. Visit the Frida Kahlo Museum in Mexico City
11. Write a book
12. Host a fancy lemonade stand
13. Go to Prince Edward Island in Canada
14. Celebrate the Chinese Moon Festival and eat Mooncakes
15. Have a baby
16. Make 100 beautiful things
17. Attend Loi Krathong, the sky lantern festival in Thailand
18. Dinner at The French Laundry
19. "Run with the Bulls" in New Orleans
20. Actually visit Paris (I was there for a day in 2002. Doesn't count.)
21. Take a train from Oakland to Los Angeles to visit my family.
22. Swim with sea turtles around the Galapagos Islands
23. Write a collection of short stories
24. Create a grown-up sartorial style (i.e. get a makeover)
25. Cook 1 recipe from every cookbook I own
That should be enough to start. These are coming easier and easier, so there will be more soon.